Please join us for
WINTER WONDER JOBS
TUESDAY, DECEMBER 11, 2012
The Seawell Grand Ballroom
Located in the Denver Performing Arts Complex
14th and Curtis Streets, Denver, CO
Networking Party/Job Seeking Fair: 4:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Seminar: 6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
THE NEW RULES OF JOB SEEKING
What’s a job seeker to do?
- Spending hours on job boards not knowing if the jobs are real?
- Sending out dozens of resumes with no response?
- Not understanding why your resume is not making it to the top of the pile?
- And what is up with those online applications? What’s the best way to fill those out?
- I know I’m supposed to be ‘networking’ but what is it? I’ve never networked before!
- I get so nervous when I interview? How can I answer questions that represent the best of “ME?”
- Getting so frustrated and disillusioned, that I lose all motivation and forget what it is I really have to offer.
The fact is this: There are new rules for job seeking!
Gone are the days of opening up the newspaper and sifting through classified ads. With thousands of Internet job boards, you can easily feel lost at sea; sitting in front of your computer endlessly sending out resumes and cover letters – but getting no response in return! But job seeking can also be an exciting opportunity of self-discovery and a way to map your future to secure the career that you really desire.
Whether you are actively looking for a new job, considering a change or want to reinvent yourself, the AH Jobs List Winter Wonder Jobs Seminar is for you!
The New Rules of Job Seeking Seminar will help you to know
- Where to find the REAL jobs
- How to market and brand yourself so that you stand out
- What you need to know to get your resume and cover letter in front of a real, live recruiter
- Keys to a successful interview
- How to negotiate the best offer for yourself
In this two-hour job-seeking seminar, Liz Ryan, from www.asklizryan.com
, will help you to navigate the new rules of job seeking.
Andrew Hudson's Winter Wonder Jobs
is proudly presented through
a partnership with the
Denver Business Journal
"Chock full of current news, trends and important data, the Denver Business Journal is the best source of up-to-date information on Denver's business community and the Colorado economy in general. A job-seeker's bible to finding a new career in Denver."
Andrew Hudson, Founder
Andrew Hudson's Jobs List
All Winter Wonder Jobs attendees can take advantage of a special one-year Denver Business Journal promotional subscription rate.
For only $85 (a 20% Winter Wonder Jobs promotional discount) you get:
* 52 issues of the DBJ delivered to your home or business each week
* FREE copy of the most recent DBJ Book of Lists available immediately after purchase, plus a FREE copy of the next Book of Lists published in December
* FREE Weekly Digital Editions – complete replicas of the print editions
* FREE Unlimited access to full online content 24/7
* Thousands of job-seeker leads
* People on the move and dozens of opportunities to network and grow your job-seeking leads
* The DBJ's annual Giving Guide, Denver's leading guide to Denver's nonprofit community
* The DBJ's annual PowerBook, the leading business guide to Denver movers and shakers
To take advantage of this special Winter Wonder Jobs promotion, register for the event here and select the appropriate option when registering.
Liz Ryan is one of the most widely-followed and well-respected career/advice and workplace experts working today. In 2007, Liz launched the Ask Liz Ryan online community, reaching over 30,000 men and women on five continents to share business, careers, marketing and "life" advice.
Liz's sharp, edgy, humorous and very current observations on the new-millennium workplace, the role of corporate leaders, entrepreneurship and women in business have been featured by TIME magazine, Fortune magazine, The New York Times, USA Today and on CNN, CNBC, Fox News and more. She is a regular commentator for NPR's "Morning Edition" and for BBC Radio, which reach over 40 million listeners per month.
Liz's columns appear in Colorado Biz, Business Week online, Yahoo! and Liz is also the workplace expert for the website LifeMeetsWork.com.
An international thought leader on the changing workplace, Liz is a former Fortune 500 Human Resources executive and an adviser to global corporations on post-millennium HR leadership.
Founder, Andrew Hudson's Jobs List
Andrew Hudson is the founder and CEO of Andrew Hudson’s Jobs List, a social entrepreneurship project he began in 1999 that has grown into one of the most effective job-search websites in the Rocky Mountain region.
In addition to his popular AH Jobs List Job Seeker Bootcamps he holds each quarter, he is also a widely sought after speaker and consultant in topics ranging from public relations, social media, talent brand management and professional development.
What: Winter Wonder Jobs!
Who: Presented by Andrew Hudson's Jobs List
When: Tuesday, December 11, 2012
Where: The Seawell Ballroom at the Denver Performing Arts Center downtown.
- Jobs Fair and Networking Party 4:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- New Rules of Job Seeking Seminar: 6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
BONUS OPPORTUNITY FROM THE DBJ!
Get a year-long subscription to the Denver Business Journal for only an additional $85. Your DBJ subscription includes the popular "Book of Lists." The DBJ's Book of Lists is a job seeker's bible, listing every major employer in the metro area by industry and employment sector.
- Seminar, Networking Party AND One-year Subscription to the DBJ ($125)
- Seminar and Networking Party ($40)
Online registration is now closed. While we are no longer accepting online registrations, you can pay at the door with cash, check or credit card.